Monday, January 7, 2013


 Let me start off by saying how much I adored all of the fall line from Dear Creatures. This coat though, man, I have coveted this coat for months before it was available anywhere. Then one day it was added to modcloth's inventory and the inner battle began. When speaking about practicality, it's a pricey coat but, very much unlike most fashionable coats, is very warm and cozy. The buttons are very sturdy and I"m not at all worried about them falling off at any point.

And in terms of how cute the coat is in person and when worn - well, that pretty much goes with out saying. I've received numerous compliments about it whenever I've had it on. The big collar and slightly ruffled sleeves are super adorable. It's a bold color, a deeper red than I was expecting, but in a very good way. It's fit is very slimming as well.

The only con I can possibly name here is that it takes a few minutes longer to button or unbutton it, but really all that ensures is the sturdiness of the buttons and I'm more than okay with having a slight wait if all my buttons are going to stay attached.



This was another dress I purchased with my Black Friday shopping at modcloth. I wasn't anticipating the collar to be a necklace, but it's really pretty and I wear it with other things all the time, so it gets even more use this way.

I really love the way this dress feels when I have it on. It's black, so the color is slimming, but even beyond that somehow it has this magic ability to make me feel really tiny but at the same time fit super comfortably, as if I was wearing a relaxed tshirt. I think it's the most flattering dress I own, to be honest and it's a great winter dress. There might not be sleeves, but it's material is fairly worm and it combined with my Dear Creatures makes for a perfectly cozy winter outfit.


My sister Jamie and I have been watching a show that my parents and older siblings used to watch when we were little, The West Wing, and nostalgia-ing all over the place. It's really strange sometimes, actually, because I remember this show playing in the background while I did other things. Hearing the theme song playing reminds me of being younger, yet here I am now, watching it fully for the first time and moving on to much more grown up things in my life. It's one of those weird circles of life things that I"ve been contemplating over the weekend.

I'm almost done with The Kryptonite Kid and after that I'm definitely reading the rest of the Game of Thrones books to kick off my reading goals. Oh, and it really occurred to me for the first time that I'm nearing the end of my training for my new job! I'll make a more in depth post about it at a later date when I hit the 'graduation' mark, but suffice it to say I'm extraordinarily happier with it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment