Monday, December 10, 2012


I got a cape from my favorite grown up clothing store at the mall the other day (The Limited, of course). Not only did I get a cape, but I got a cape for 70% off. Which means I got a cape for $130 off. Hence an extremely happy Christy! I really was going to sigh, drool for a little while over it, and leave without it, but Patrick totally talked me into it and I am much better for it. Seriously, there is something to be said about the feeling that wearing a cape gives you. As a naturally awkward person it's significant to me that when I'm wearing my cape I'm basically feeling like I'm on top of the world. Ready for a classy ass date, because I am clearly the fanciest lady in the world. The. Fanciest.


So I don't know about anyone else, but on Black Friday when ModCloth had dresses for $25 dresses I was basically jumping all over that like a little kid that had just discovered the wondrous wonder that is pixy stix. If my self control about buying pretty dresses is low when they're 70+ dollars I'm pretty sure you can only imagine how nonexistent it was then. This was one of my favorites of those purchases and one of the dresses I've received the most compliments on. The collar has a unique touch and the buttons are adorable. It's a flattering cut and a rich color that I've been told countless times is very 'cute and Christmas-y!'. My only complaint could be the fact that it's sleeveless, but honestly it's not a big deal - it looks good with cardigans and sheer long sleeve blouses underneath as well. 

Also it was cold enough taking these photos that I broke out some fleece tights for this outfit and they were warmer than I thought that they would be! I'm chronically cold so I'm really happy about that.


0 comments:

Post a Comment