Friday, October 26, 2012

winter is coming.

Despite the fickle weather of the Midwest the past month or so I knew that when I was trying to pry myself away from my cozy bed and get myself to work around eight in the morning and there wasn't any sunlight streaming through my window there was a change in the seasons coming.

There's something to be said about the distinctive camp fire esque smell of Autumn. It's so particular and comforting. It's like a warmth in the slightly chilly atmosphere and it's so welcome. I probably won't stop being bitter about Kansas skipping most of my favorite season, but there were a few special occasions that I spent evenings outside basking in that scent. Those nights will have to tide me over for now. 

Today, though, today was different. Today was the briskness of Winter. Sharp, like how snow feels on your bare skin. Fresh, but with a bite to it. Later that day as I proceeded to get ready to spend a large portion of the evening outside attending the local art crawl I realized that I am so very much over due for a warm go to winter coat.



one / two / three / four
*all found on modcloth

Here we have my top four favorite coats from ModCloth that my indecisive heart just can't pick between! I love the simplicity of the two on the far left, but who could resist the military inspired buttons and lace trim on coat #3? Those are outrageously cute and just dainty enough to make me feel girly and adorable.

Reasonably I keep telling myself to go with the black, because it'll match more of my clothes, but the bright red Dear Creatures jacket is my absolute favorite. I've probably talked myself in and out of purchasing that one four or five times already. I've always said that there isn't a clothing line that embodies my personal style more than Dear Creatures and this coat is the epitome of that.

Clearly I have some serious decisions to make.

0 comments:

Post a Comment